Saturday, June 10, 2017

Here and There

Today I vacuumed and dusted. It wasn't an especially thorough cleaning job, but I took a stab at it anyway, and I did a bit of laundry. Weekends go by fast when one works full time. I should have known that already, and maybe I did, but it's being reinforced. I'm still fighting this year's allergy fatigue so perhaps that is why I am feeling so unaccomplished. Then again, the weekend is only half over and I'm already thinking it's done... Oh, silly me.

Just a few photos from my walk around the yard last night. One of the cats followed me from my falling-apart-rocking-chair-swing all the way to the back corner of the yard where our property meets the orchard. Cats in the orchard make me nervous, especially with foxes grabbing unsuspecting chickens and coyotes who yap and howl in the dark of night. Call me paranoid, but I don't want my friends to end up being someone's dinner.

On my jaunt about the "estate" I found a secret garden of violas and little blue flowers behind Barn 2. A perfect treasure to put in my photo collection.

Tomorrow my sisters and I plan to visit our brother and take him out for another ride through the hills of Wayne County, a stop at Wendy's for a "small chocolate Frosty," and a plethora of childhood memories. Maybe I'll pack my camera.
:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment