Friday, June 16, 2017

Say What?

I heard myself say it today. Twice. "That's not what that is for." I wasn't sure whether to be amused or terrified. Ha ha! Now I'm trying to remember what it was they had, and what they were doing with it... Ah, yes! The marble chute. A couple of boys put the short marble chute pieces together into L-O-N-G tubes and were using them like swords. Boys and play fighting go together, but not inside the classroom... I can't remember now what happened in the second incident. So much happens in a day that it's surprising I remember anything at all!

This afternoon one small boy got angry with me. I heard him say, as he sat on his naptime cot, "I hate you!" but later, when I drew some pictures and said yes he could keep them, he told me he liked me and I was nice. Ah, the fickle four year old. I was never worried.

So, this week I spent time with the babies, the 3 year old class, and the 4-5 year old group. And I survived. Perhaps it's sad, but I don't miss my old job at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment