Friday, August 18, 2017

Morning Fog

I had just enough time this morning to pull over on my way to work and capture a little of morning's glory. The sun only caught the airborne water droplets from one direction. Driving east, into the sun, the fog was golden, but once I had driven through and looked into the rear view mirror, the spectacle was gone.

I thought of those paintings I've seen where a loved one is entering Heaven and the way in is all lit up and glorious, the light shrouding our view of what lies beyond . I found myself curious if those on the other side can see behind them as clearly as I could once I'd passed through the cloud of shimmering fog. It was nothing but a thin mist glowing in the sun. On the other side of the mist the sun still shone, but the cloud appeared to vanish leaving the path behind me clearly visible.

I like morning. Well, I like it once I'm awake anyway.

2 comments:

  1. You take the most beautiful photos Martha!

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Marilyn.
      I see missed photo opportunities every day so I'm always blessed when I'm able to capture an image or two.
      :0)

      Delete