Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Barn Collective

A different perspective, one not typically seen, because this is the back side of an old carriage house.

I got to the church service late but on time. The message was already being shared when I got out of my car and headed across the grass to the pavilion. lawn chair tucked under my arm. I knew the pastor, a guest speaker, saw me and I hoped it didn't throw off his concentration. The old me might have chickened out and decided not to brave going in late, but I am desperately trying to be different, so I stayed. Afterward I wandered the churchyard with the seven year old I'd come to see...

In our traipse about the yard we brushed up against neighboring properties; the woods, the creek, and another yard, one belonging to the Pultneyville Historical Society. This old structure belongs to them. (I didn't know that until I looked on Google Maps just now... ) At the time I assumed the building and property was someone's home. Intrigued by the aura of storybook mystery which appeared to surround it, I snapped a single photograph. Perhaps I need to talk with a friend who can tell me a little more about this place and share a bit of history. Maybe I'll even get to take another picture or two.

The Barn Collective is here.

9 comments:

  1. ...Martha, this deserves a return visit after the leaves fall. It's some nice to have you stop by, I hope that you pass by another barn or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm toting my camera most days and I think there are more than a couple barns along the way.
      I will revisit this one in October.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Yes you need to go back and find the history of the place. Looks intriguing
    MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checking with the historian's daughter. She's my Facebook friend.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. It has a story to tell for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can take more and hope I am here to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delightful post. I hope you find out more about the structure!

    ReplyDelete