Saturday, September 23, 2017

Adventuring w/ Rachel (again)

In spite of my rough day yesterday, and feeling somewhat yucky this morning, I decided to venture out into the wide, wide world. My sister and I opted to experience The Purple Painted Lady Festival in Macedon, NY. She sure does know how to throw a party!

We waited in a very long line of traffic that stretched from Rt 31 all the way to the festival a mile and a half down the road. We may have been able to walk faster than we drove, but we stuck it out and enjoyed every minute. Have camera (with card and working batteries), will be happy.

There were tons of people at this shindig and lots of vendors selling their wares. We didn't buy a thing. Ha ha! But we did enjoy the sights and sounds. An art festival brings out all kinds of people and if I had my way, I'd just sit and take pictures of all the interesting characters that come along. Not sure where this guy came from or where he was headed, but he was in a hurry. You can't help but be amused by his outfit.

I saw a few people I knew. One lady sits ahead of us in church, another was a vendor (a longtime friend of mine, and her husband who shares my birth date), and then there was a special little red haired child I stopped to chat with. He looked confused at first, but then his face brightened and he showed me his cup of water and took a drink. It was one of my little friends from work. (I can't post him, so you get me and Rachel instead.)

I probably should have bought this rooster. He looks somewhat like Coq au Vin. Maybe the girls would have liked him, but I only snapped a photo on my way back to the car. It was a beautiful summer day, even if it is fall. A little too hot for jeans and sneakers. I wore my poor feet out wearing my flip flops last week... After a stop at our favorite ice cream shop, we headed home and I took a nice long nap. I'm feeling much better this evening than last night.

2 comments:

  1. ...I've heard a lot about, but have never been, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next time I will meander a little slower, eat something from a food truck, and sit down and enjoy the music while I watch the people.
      :0)

      Delete