Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Driving in the Fog

Getting up and going to work every day is a bit surreal. I realize there are people who might not understand this feeling I have, people who have always gotten up and headed off to work, but I have spent my entire life either working a part time job or babysitting in my own home. So, when I drive off into the fog early in the morning, it can literally feel a little bit like I'm dreaming. (It was gorgeous out there this morning. I intended to take a picture of the barn atop a hill, but alas! I had left my camera card home in the computer. So one from Monday instead, but no barn.)

Working in the kitchen is interesting. I hear the other teachers interacting with small children. Sometimes I grimace, and other times it's completely amusing. "Nathan Thomas! We do not eat paint!" Ha ha! When we are not even two years old we do. We also eat play dough, paste, and boogers. (Come on! Don't tell me you didn't.) And we put toys in our mouths, especially when they are shaped like spoons and forks, or are little and look like bugs.

6 comments:

  1. ...we've had many foggy starts lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning was entirely foggy. I had my camera along, with the card inside, but it was a bit too foggy for my liking. Maybe tomorrow I'll catch those three barns on the hill.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I have recently returned to work as well outside of the home and I understand completely. I can't say that I am thrilled but it must be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it must. And if I am going to work, I may as well find something to love about it.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. I'm on year three and it is totally surreal that I have a career now.

    ReplyDelete