Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Shooting to Win

Goals. That was last night's topic at CoDA...

I've never been much of a goal setter. Always thought of myself as a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of person, but as I looked backward over the past few years, I realized I'd actually set some goals and attained them. (I impress myself sometimes. :0) ) It's time to work on setting a few more goals, and God, always one step ahead of me, is helping with my list.

On Sunday morning, I filled out a card expressing my desire to join a church small group. I've missed my Tuesday morning Ladies' Prayer and Bible Study group and it's time to take a step of faith and venture out into the unknown once again. No more thinking about it, it's time for action. I'm taking the plunge even if it will initially interfere with CoDA.

And yes, the looking back...

* I am just three grandchildren away from accomplishing the mighty goal of remembering to buy a birthday gift (and get it there on time) for each and every one of my grandkids. I need to wrap Jakie's gift (the party is Sunday) but it's purchased and waiting, and then I will close up the deal with my October grandies. All three. It's been very satisfying to set an amount to spend and actually stick to it.


* My new job. I once felt like giving up at getting a job in a daycare center, but here I am, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer, as well as baby hugger. (Still loving it.)

* Pottery classes (because I've always loved Clay...). The next one starts Thursday. Very cool. Now what will I do with all my creations?

New goal possibilities are germinating. I'm still turning over the soil and looking at seeds, but I'll let you know what I decide.

7 comments:

  1. "flying by the seat of my pants" has been my goal for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the good thing about having such a humble view of yourself is the joy in achieving the little things! From my point of view, Martha, you are a person to aspire to be like: so creative, and kind, and good, seeking God's approval in your life...and I really appreciate reading about your days:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps my biggest goal is not to set my sights on anything so lofty that I find myself looking down on others.
      You are too kind, Della. We need another lunch date.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Things are looking up....so happy for you....
    Did you know I was gonna be a Nana again in Dec?
    My son and DIL are expectingđź’•
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that! Congratulations!!! How exciting. (Even I am excited for you.)

      Did you know it's been a year since we visited? So much has happened in that time. Maybe I'll make a return trip. Who knows? It could happen. maybe.
      :0)

      Delete