Monday, September 11, 2017

The Clothesline Art Festival

It was a last minute decision. I'd heard the Clothesline Art Festival was this past weekend and I'd never been, but going alone isn't much fun, so when Rachel called I said yes. Once we got there we had to pray for a parking spot, and after we found one we prayed she hadn't parked too close to the fire hydrant... (We did just fine.)

I was terribly distracted on the way to the entrance. Every few steps the sidewalk was speaking to me. I wanted to stop, read each square, and savor the message. But we hadn't come to read sidewalks, we'd come to look at art.

Multiple stands dotted the Memorial Art Gallery campus. I hadn't planned to pay for anything but the entrance fee, and then I saw The Wizard of Clay had a booth... With coffee mugs. Pretty ones. And I splurged. I couldn't help it. I love coffee mugs. And pottery. And it was blue.



7 comments:

  1. So that's why I was in such a hurry! ;)

    I love your blue mug! I wish I needed some mugs, but we have plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...again this year I didn't make it to the show, but I've enjoyed the grounds around the gallery several times this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the mug. I went to that show quite a long time ago...before I was married. I think I was with mom and Aunt Margie.

    ReplyDelete