Friday, October 13, 2017

Beg, Borrow, and Steal

I stole them.The photos. I don't get credit for anything more than that. If I get any credit at all...

It's hard to love photography and not be able to take pictures of the little people I spend my days with. I was in the kitchen at work when the building suddenly went silent. Everyone had gone outside except the cook, aka me. I decided to take a quick peek out the window to see where everyone had gone... They were out in the parking lot checking out some big trucks and talking to the firemen. So exciting! I was later informed, by one of my little friends, that one fire truck was red and the other one was green.

Another week is over. I cooked up ten thousand lunches and served ten million snacks. I passed out breakfasts and washed a bunch of dishes. I changed diapers, wiped noses, and held bottles. I gave out more hugs and kisses than I could count, and was blessed in return with smiles and occasionally obvious excitement over my presence. A few of those babies practically jumped out of the buggy when I came out of the kitchen and waved at them. Too funny. And the little people in this picture? They are full of questions and stories. They love if I draw for them or blow bubbles with my gum. The little boy with bright blue pants climbed up on my lap this morning to collect some loving and he only knows me as working in the kitchen.  It's really like the best job ever!

4 comments:

  1. ...special people work with little tikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes naturally to me, unless I am totally stressed out like I was a few years back.

      Delete
  2. Your are surrounded with little packages of love. That is best job ever!!! You are just the one to do it. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, and it is!
      I just keep hugging them and telling them I love them.
      :0)

      Delete