Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Barn Collective

I still want to sneak a peak inside... I'm rather chicken on my own. A friend along can drastically boost my confidence, but so far I haven't had the right friend along. I know which one she is, just haven't had the free time in the right weather.

I believe the old relic is an artifact of Schutt's Apple Mill directly across the street. They've obviously upgraded and no longer utilize this old and once upon a time cherished beauty. She's losing parts and pieces and will one day, not long from now, succumb to the elements like so many stately barns before her. Reminders of yesteryear, once childhood playgrounds and science labs, shelter from icy winds and stormy blasts, going the way of the world.

The photo was from last week when I stopped in the store looking for that French Vanilla Hot Cocoa I found back in November. It wasn't there, and neither was the Cookies and Cream flavored one. I gathered up a few others to try, Orange, Candy Cane, Hazelnut... They were all quite yummy, except for the Pumpkin Pie Hot Chocolate which had an odd and icky taste.

Did I tell you I'm taking a coffee break? Haven't had any in over a week now, thus the hot chocolate. Mostly I've been drinking tea, Lemon Ginger tea, without any caffeine. I'm sleeping better at night. Can't argue with that!

The Barn Collective and friends.

12 comments:

  1. ...I may be right friend to take along, let's go for it! I'm taking a coffee break too, haven't had one in years! Thanks for sharing and stop back when you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be cool! Fried cakes and a photo shoot! Is there anything better?
      :0)

      Delete
  2. An aging beauty!
    Might be a good idea to get permission from the property owners before you go looking around in there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and that is why I only take pictures from the parking lot. I am assuming it is owned by the apple farm.

      Delete
  3. That is a beauty and I also am quite shy on my own but with the right friend I can and will go anywhere.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Me too. Of course, permission helps.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Mart, I've missed you.
    So many things have changed.
    I'm healing, sounds like you are also.
    I've moved.. northeastern Wa. Spokane Valley. Northern Idaho-ish. Family.
    I'm still on Facebook. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there you are, my Judi!
      I've missed you too, and I love you! <3
      Thank you for stopping by. I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Hi, Judi!
      I was actually wondering about you not too long ago also. Glad to see you here!

      Delete
  5. Yes, such a beautiful barn! Just loved seeing it. Those hot chocolates sounded so good too in this cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Orange Hot Chocolate this afternoon. Mm mm!
      :0)

      Delete