Monday, February 12, 2018

Snowy Rochester on Sunday

I took a few photos as I looked for a parking spot on my way to the pottery studio yesterday afternoon. I normally park at the church across the street because they will share with the art studio, but being Sunday, the parking lot was a bit crowded.

I drove around the block. I drove around a couple blocks.

I went back to the church and as I drove into the lot I prayed, "Lord, could you please give me a little parking spot?" And what do you know?  A little red car was just backing out of hers. My prayer was answered. I smiled and said, "Thank you."

The parking lot at work was a sheet of ice this morning. I wished for a nice pair of freshly sharpened skates as I inched my way up the slope toward the safety of the side walk and hoped I would stay on my feet. Mostly because it's painful to fall, and also because I would be horribly embarrassed if I had to crawl across the lot on my hands and knees because the pavement was too slippery for me to get up again.

By late morning or early afternoon the ice was gone and the parking lot was safe again.




3 comments:

  1. ...parking can be tough in that neighborhood during the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful for the church parking lot. I suppose parking anywhere in the city can be tough in the winter.

      Delete
  2. I love it when God opens up a parking space. Our daughter Julie, has always prayed for parking places, and she always gets one. Go figure. The pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete