Friday, March 30, 2018

Good Friday

The daycare was closed today. They NEVER close that daycare. But they did today. I guess miracles still happen.

My alarm went off as usual and I got up like usual too, but instead of going to work, I went to drop my car off for some repairs. I was told it would likely take the better part of the morning. A few hours, maybe. More time than it would take to eat breakfast in the little diner across the street.

My friend Brenda met me for breakfast. It was a short, but sweet visit. When she left I gave up my table for incoming customers, moved to the counter, and called my son Dave. I walked down the street to his house, let myself in, and spent the morning with The Trio. Lucas snuggled up beside me and I sat with my arm wrapped around him for a good long time. We both soaked it in. Him because I don't see him much, and me because he's nine and probably won't want to snuggle his grandma for too much longer. Maybe my grandchildren love me as much as the kids at work after all.

When the vehicle was back in working order, and a new inspection sticker graced the windshield, I headed back to Webster and met my favorite Bethany for lunch at Panera Bread. We need to meet like this more often.

Before rush hour traffic could descend upon us, I took a drive to the pottery studio to pay my shelf fee for the month. I stayed to trim a bowl and left soon after. Perhaps I shall make a return trip tomorrow. We'll see.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They really do.
      Thanks for being out there with an encouraging word.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Isn't it nice that they still want to love on us at 9? There are days that I wonder if my grand doll will be at 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very nice, and this grandma needed a good long hug.
      :0)

      Delete