Monday, April 23, 2018

Truthfully

Yesterday afternoon I was invited to go to the park with my daughter, her husband, and my little grandson. So often we cross paths and don't connect, but yesterday I went along. And I took my camera. While our little one explored the playground, another little one arrived. He looked at me, I looked at him, and we both thought the same thing. "I think I know you." It was Enzo, one of my little friends from work. It was a good afternoon. I'd been to church, seen my brother, and gone to the park.

I try to keep myself as busy as possible, because down time leaves me lonely and aching inside. I work, I go to church, serve in Sunday school, visit my brother every other week, attend my CoDA meeting on Mondays, and visit the pottery studio, but sometimes when I crawl into bed at night, I find myself just wanting to go home... This is one of those times.

I wish that it was simple, with no complicated issues clouding the way, but it isn't. It's not a matter of grudge bearing, unforgiveness, or me being selfish. Often what looks like unforgiveness or  selfishness to an outsider, is actually anything but. Deep inside I want what was, or what I thought was. I want to be blissfully unaware and naive. And then again I don't because that doesn't solve problems, it only perpetuates them.

Tonight I am teary and broken. The next couple weeks are going to be painful. I'm not sure I'm ready but I don't know what else to do. I pray to God He will carry me through, or reach through the heavens and lead me in a different direction if that is His will. I never wanted to be alone, but there are moments when I feel very much so. Tomorrow is a new day. There will be little ones looking for me. There will be hugs and kisses, and I will be renewed once again. What would I do without this job?

4 comments:

  1. ...what a beautiful day you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. What a blessing! The sunshine was amazing.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Isn't it fun to be recognized by the little ones? That has happened with me once in awhile after teaching Vacation Bible School, or with kids from schools where I substituted.

    Just last month a young man that I didn't recognize spoke to me, asking me if I was Mrs. E. He was one of the kids I taught when I was a classroom teacher Many years ago! What fun to catch up with his life!

    Keeping you in my prayers to God, who is always with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to see little ones outside of work. It's only happened a few times so far, but those times make me smile.

      Thank you for your prayers. They are much appreciated.

      Delete